Friday, December 24, 2010

Mushrooms


 One of my favorite things about winter in northern California, December specifically, is the abundance of mushrooms.  Being an herbalist and spending so much time with plants, I feel embarrassed at my limited knowlegde of mushrooms.  I love going on walks with naturalists or even better, my dream is to find a grandmother figure with long white braids to hold my hand while walking me through the forest and teaching me all the names and uses of the plants and fungi.  Exploring the property today I found these two specimins which seem to be very intact considering the amout of rain we have had in the last couple of weeks.  (Im not sure if it's ok to share this info, but I did look them up on my iphone mushroom identification application-hee hee, sometimes technology has its uses.).  Simply beautiful! 



No comments:

Post a Comment